What Geocachers need to find is called a Geocache. And creating a Cache to hide can be almost as addictive as the sport itself.
To learn more about Caching check out geocaching.com and opencaching.com .
Another great resource dispensing indispensable news and geocaching trivia is a top notch Pod Cast at www.podcacher.com
I've designed this container be long enough to hold a pen, and generous sized cache log.
After searching around the Instructables.com site, I found several very good instructables of two bottle tops being bonded to create a much smaller container which would be know in the Caching world as a micro cache.
Here's a few versions that may suit your needs if this instructable isn't quite your flavor:
- Micro (Geocache) Container - by BrantFlakes315
- Bottle Cap Container - by etgainey
- Podcacher - How To Make A Micro Cache - by flapper501
Step 1: LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 INCH PVC TUBE
- HACK SAW
- PLASTIC POP OR WATER BOTTLES WITH SCREW ON CAPS x2
- DREMEL OR OTHER ROTARY TYPE TOOL WITH SANDING DRUM ATTACHMENT
- OSCULATING SANDER WITH SANDPAPER
- PVC CEMENT
- STANDARD PAPER SHEET x2
- SPRAY PAINT (VARIOUS CAMO) Shown in Intro Image
Step 2: CHOOSING THE LENGTH
Then mark a cut line directly on the tube..
Step 3: MAKING THE CUT
(I just braced it against my knee).