Step 7: Planting
We visited the local garden shop and picked up a selection of plants that are hardy (see the bottom of the post for details).
Before planting I placed the plants around to get a feling for the spacing.
Once the spacing was right then dig a hole and bed them in.
Plants we bought:
Name / Notes
* Chamomile - Has spread ok
* Houstonia Caerulea - Has spread ok
* Sedum Hispanicum Glaucum - Brilliant, looks great, spread really well
* Sedumm Reflexum - Brilliant, looks great, spread really well
* Thymus Serpyllum Minimus - Favourite, really dense coverage, very pretty
* Scabiosa (Misty Butterflies) - dont like, looks a bit weedy now
* Acaena Saccaticupula (Blue Haze) - Didnt last too long
* Cotula Hispida - Didnt last too long
* Dianthus Deltoides (Acctic Fire) - looks lovely, but hasnt spread that well
All of the plants have now been in for well over a year, sedum really is the way to go.
When planting keep them in sensible patches and let them spread