Here were my design protocols for the bed building project.
1. Storage underneath. I drag a lot of books around.
2. Simple to Build - I don't have my power tools with me, so it had to be simple E.g. No sawing or cutting to size.
3. Simple to Dismantle - For fun, I also decided to see how I could get away with out drilling or nailing stuff together.
4. Inexpensive - the budget was $23.
5. Bonus Protocols :: Has to look good, be sturdy, & it has to be possible for one person to carry & transport the materials without a truck or van. (Bike transport possible if you have a bike trailer!)
Here's what I did and how I did it.