Peg Board Cart @ Overstock.com
Are your tools completely out of control? Do you need a large organization system on the cheap? Then weld your own peg board tool cart for less than $50 (assuming you have a welder and some scrap metal). If you don't own a welder, go buy one. You can buy welders cheap at Harbor Freight and Sears for around $100-$150. You can also find amazing deals on Craiglist like me. I got my Lincoln Wire-Feed 140HD for $375 cash vs. $540 for the exact same welder at Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sears. Or better yet go buy a nice one with a warranty at one of those stores. It's a good investment and when your done you will know how to weld (kinda).
I purchased my welder about a month ago. In fact, this is my second real attempt at welding anything - so if i can do it, you can too. This welder cart was my first welding project.
MAKE SURE YOU READ UP ON THE DANGERS OF WELDING BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO WELD ANYTHING.
This storage isn't for everyone. For people who need to lock up their tools, it won't work. But in my situation it works great.
Click here to view the cart in HD
1. If someone borrows a tool, or I loose one, I can tell right away and go track it down.
2. I have so many tools, i often forget to use the best one for the job because, quite frankly, I forgot that i owned one. With the pegboard i can make a quick visual scan and find the right tool easily.
3. I can easily roll my entire tool collection (mostly) right up to my car or any other project i'm workin on. No more walking back and forth between my toolboxes and work area (i have a decent sized shop).
4. I can brag to all my friends and fellow toolmongers about my creation.
5. No more searching for hours to find one misplaced tool.
6. I'm pretty broke so it's nice that it was cheap.
7. It takes up minimal floor space.
OK, sorry for the rant, let's build it.