1. Good metal yard stick/large T-square (for precise right angles (make sure the T is still a right angle.... mine wasn't anymore, so i bought a new, bigger one!))
2. Very precise saw (table saw would be best)
3. Router (better!) or Jig saw+drill (what im using because im poor...)
4. Soldiering iron (very basic, easy soldiering... I suck at it...)
5. Drill+various sized bits including 1 inch for the TRS jack... (i will need to find one somewhere...)
6. various screws, (wood, 1.25" and 3.25") nuts and washers.
7. Wood glue.
1. 3/4 inch, 4'x8' sheet of Birch plywood (SUPER HEAVY! bring a friend. (if birch isn't available, MDF works too, but you will regret the choice! You need the dense wood to resonate, and make it all sound good!)) ~$51.55 at my Home Depot... Im sure there's cheaper...
2. 14+ feet of 0.75"x2.5" Fir (for bracing) (But 17+ for WIDENED cabinets!) ~$1.01 for 5 feet in HD's scrap bin.
3. 13 inches of 3/4"x3.5" Fir (part of the port...) ~$1.01 for 5 feet in HD's scrap bin.
$56.60 total on wood. (for me... (different stores probly have cheaper lumber prices.)
(I bought all of mine from www.parts-express.com (except the speaker, they don't carry it... ): )
1. A 1/4" TRS jack. (I used a "Neutrik NJ3FP6C 1/4" Locking Chassis Jack Nickel") ~ $6.54
2. Corners! (I bought "Dayton MC130-16 Metal 2-Leg Cabinet Corner") (16 in a pack) ~ $6.96
3. A handle! (me: "Penn-Elcom H1014K Extra Wide Strap Handle Black End Caps") ~ $3.38
4. Wire ("18 AWG Red/Black Zip Cord 1 ft." you have to get at least 10 ft.) ~ $3.10 for 10ft
5. Feet ("Penn-Elcom F1687 Rubber Cabinet Foot 1-1/2" Dia. x 3/8" H" ORDER 4!) ~ $3.76 for 4
6. Speaker mounting kit ("Cast Frame #10-32 Speaker Mounting Kit") ~ $3.39
7. Gasketing Tape (optional, but useful for airtight seals "Speaker Gasketing Tape 1/8" x 3/8" x 50 ft. Roll") ~ $6.19 a roll
Total: $42.57 after shipping on hardware (excluding speaker)
You have two choices that will work nicely. Any other speaker may risk putting the cabinet out of tune, and making dips or spikes in the cab's frequency response.
You only need one.. This cab is a 1x12, but it sounds huge! because of the ported front.
Them EV speaker is rated 200 watts, and the Eminence is rated 400 watts! so don't worry about blowing them!
1. ElectroVoice's EVM12L 12 inch loudspeaker. the cab was originally designed for this speaker, it is said to sound the best, but it is also very pricey! (lowest price i found: http://underbid.com/action/display/item/11957-1064270764/sku/ELEEVM12C8.html)
~212.12 (after shipping. www.grabcart.com (not on partsexpress... FIX THAT!!! I build these for local people!!!))
2. The other option is the Eminence Delta Pro-12A
I almost forgot!http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Builders%20Plans/TL806%20Builders%20Plans.pdf
there are also some other good EV plans here:http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Builders%20Plans/