This instructable just record how simple that build a WiFi enabled micro-quadrotor youself !
Most of parts can be bought cheap and easily.
And use your Android phone as remote-controller.
Step 1: Things That Need Prepare
Parts you will need:
- flight controller board, "SP racing F3 EVO Brushed" here.
- 8520 brushed motor * 4
- 65mm blade propeller prop
- 1S 3.7V 300~600mAh li-po battery
- ESP-01 wifi module
- any frame for Micro-qaudrotor, you can DIY or buy from somewhere.
Tools/Things that you need:
- soldering iron
- foam tape
- hot glue
- any UART to USB bridge (to flash ESP-01 firmware)
Step 2: Flash ESP8266 Firmware and Setting WiFi Module!
Download esp-link firmware: https://github.com/jeelabs/esp-link
And flash it via UART to USB bridge.
After flash, reboot ESP-01,
and you will find a SSID called "ESP_XXXXXX".
(XXXXXX is least 3 byte of MAC address of ESP-01 module)
Connect it, and open http://192.168.4.1 in your browser.
Go to "Debug log" page, set to "off".
Go to "uC Console" page, set "Baud" to "115200".
And you can also change any other thing you want (ex: SSID, password...)
* wiring image modify from https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/8266
* ESP-01 pinout image from http://ruten-proteus.blogspot.tw/2014/12/esp8266-a...
Step 3: Wire and Place All the Things Up!
Step 4: Drone Setting
1) connect FC using Clean/Beataflight configurator via USB cable (depend on what firmware FC used)
2) Go to the "Ports" tab.
- UART1 row -> engage the "MSP".
- Save and Reboot
3) Go to the "Configurations" tab.
- Mixer -> Quad X - Receiver Mode -> "RX_MSP".
- Set Motor Stop - Min Throttle = 1000, Max Throttle = 2000, Min Command = 1100
- Save and Reboot
4) Go to the "Modes" Tab
- Set "ARM" to AUX1 if you wish to arm via AUX1 button.
- Set Flights Modes (Optional). Acro/Rate mode is the default, so if you wish to use Angle and Horizon, you will need to set it now.
- I usually put the Angle mode on AUX2, Horizon on AUX3, Acro/Rate mode if both off.
5) the "CLI" Tab
- Motor Jitter/Start up spinning -> Type: "set motor_pwm_rate=16000" enter.
- Type: "save" enter.
- will auto Reboot.
6) the "Receiver" Tab
- you can check you control command here.
ps. Thanks rschoi_75's set-up guide, most of parts are the same, only RX part are different.
Step 5: Connect and Fly!
download this app: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ud10kmI-kSZXhhdFROTndwYWs
or you can build yourself: https://github.com/cs8425/msp-controller
connect to drone's wifi SSID,
open the app called "MSP-Controller",
click transmitter icon on left-top,
type in 'tcp://192.168.4.1:2323' and click 'connect',
and you see that status will be updated.
and then, arm and fly the quadrotor as your setting!!