real arcade machine claw
I have a project running on tindie.com for a real claw machine kit.
A few technical and functional improvements:
- Less wires - controllers and batteries move with the motors and are signaled with IR light.
- Precision not needed - I was able to set-up a 8x10ft track without measuring anything
- Reproducible - used standard parts, used the same components in many spots
- Expandable - use longer tracks to make it bigger - track cost is about 50cents a foot.
- Removable - hangs from the ceiling by 4 small hooks
- Future? Could be used as basis for a big 3D printer
- X-Axis Mechanical
- Y-Axis Mechanical
- Z-Axis Mechanical
- X-Axis Electronics
- Y-Axis Electronics
- Z-Axis Electronics
- IR Control Overview
- IR Receive Circuit
- IR Transmitter (TV remote)
- IR Decode Process
- X-Axis Control Code
- Y/Z - Axis Control Code
- What's next?
- Complete Wiring
- Complete Code