I started this project after I saw the instructable about a Snow Hand from PenfoldPlant, but didn't think the snow I had would support such a tall structure. A friend of mine had mentioned that she wanted to build snow furniture when we learned about the impending snow blizzard in the midwest, and the snow-day resulting from it.
I'm dividing this instructable into separate categories of the portions of the sculpture, but in reality I kind of did it all at once, in order to help me get a better over all picture of the couch I wanted to build. It's not necessary to follow the instructions in order.
Please comment if you have any questions at all, or suggestions for this or future instructables!
Step 1: Materials
- Tough snowpants with plenty of insulation since you'll be on your knees a lot
- Proper winter layers including jacket, shell, and hat
- Water-proof gloves and boots , a life saver
- a large shovel for scooping and piling
- a smaller shovel , with a straight and flat edge for shaping
- a small brush cutting saw , for fine shaping
- a screw driver or trowel for accents
- a good idea of the kind of sofa you want to make
- plenty of snowfall, at LEAST 3 or 4 inches of packable snow