Beach Winches are dangerous. Beach Winches.com will not be held responsible for any injury or damages to the driver or rider caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, improper assembly, alterations, modifications or alike. The do it yourself wakeboard builders assumes that risk. Operating motorized winches can be dangerous and result in serious injury or death if safety and good judgment are not practiced. Do not operate any vehicle without an approved helmet and other appropriate safety gear. Beach Winches is not liable for any injuries, death or property damage caused by the operation of any motorized winch made from our website or any of our supported websites.
What is Beach Winching?
Beach winching or wakeboard winching is a new sport that takes wakeboarding or wakeskateing anywhere. These winches have been taking over beaches and all over the US. This sport is a very addicting one so once you ride one you will want one, and everyone on the beach watching you will want to ride one. This is one of our DIY Plans that we have on our website. Check out www.beachwinches.com.
Enjoy the instructable!
Step 1: Parts List
For a downloadable PDF file of this parts list click here.
- Winch Frame
- Winch Spool (Premade is suggested but can be made homemade)
- 3X 1” Winch Hubs (Also called Go Kart Hubs if you search the web)
- 1” Solid Winch Axle (Check our Beach Winches Store for custom cut axles)
- Note: The length should be about the same as the overall width of your winch.
- Backsplash (Can be metal or plastic but it is used to save your engine from getting wet)
- 2X 1” Pillow Blocks (We sell these in our Store)
- 6.5 HP or higher engine (Good engine selection at Harbor Freight and we sell our own in our store too)
- Roller Fairlead (Check eBay for the cheapest price)
- Non-stretchable winch line (Dyneema is the top of the line choice which is in our store but for cheaper alternative just make sure the line is non-stretchable and it should work fine. Check marine stores)
- Centrifugal Clutch or Torque Converter (This is required for your winch to work properly and you have the choice for the cheap centrifugal clutch or the powerhouse torque converter)
- 50-72 Tooth Sprocket for Axle ( Note: more teeth = more torque, less teeth = more speed.)
- Wakeboard Handle (To attach to the non-stretchable line)
- 5 ft Roller Chain (Make sure that you match the sprocket chain type for both the axle sprocket and your engine clutch sprocket. Choose either #35 or #40/41.)
- Bolts, Nuts, and Threadlocker (You will need a couple of different sizes for bolts but make sure they are galvanized or stainless steel and threadlock EVERY BOLT.)
Optional Parts List:
- Truck Hitch Pins
- Thumb Throttle Kit
- Disk Brake Kit
building and enjoying your creation. Check out or Beach Winches Store for the hardest to find and make parts