I've got a great idea for a fun gift for that favorite preschooler, and you'll learn how to make things talk at the same time!
Let me introduce you to Storytime Bear, the stuffed animal that can sing, tell stories, or say anything you want.
Storytime Bear is powered by the Propeller microcontroller and speaks using pre-recorded .wav files from a microSD card.
Here's what you'll need to create Storytime Bear:
- The "Open Source" Pocket Mini Computer (Or replicate the audio, keyboard, VGA and microSD sections of that project)
- A 4 cell AA battery pack
- A USB cable with "micro" end.
- A Servo cable
- A 40pin male pin header
- A 10K resistor
- A small piece of "perf" board
- A small amplified speaker
- A stuff animal with at least one trigger button. (Mine has it in the paw)