Step 1: What You will Need
You will need:
• Some 1/4 inch plywood ( $0- I found some in the workshop)
• A lot of duct tape, but 2 rolls should do it ( You can find it at your hardware store for about 3-4 $ a roll)
• A breadboard (I got mine at radioshack)
• Hookup wire (22 gauge solid core from Radioshack)
• One RC servo ( any size but not too big)
• Two 55mm EDFs (Electronic Ducted Fans)
• Two 30A ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
• Two 7.4v 1500mAh LiPo batteries
• RC car remote and receiver (2channels)
• Some small cardboard boxes ( I used the ones from the batteries)
• A place where you can cut wood. I used my CNC machine, but a bandsaw, a jigsaw and a drill will do the job.
• A reason to build the hovercraft (for Fun ) :)
• One arduino board ( can be any kind of arduino ).
• Vacuum tube
• Double sided tape
All the parts that I put links for add up to a total of $104, and since they are all from the same store you won’t pay much for shipping.
The rest of the parts will cost maximum $70 with the arduino, so you get to a total of $174 without shipping, but it will be worth it.