In this Instructable, I'll teach you how to build and program your own pocket mini computer.
Explore micro computing with a machine which:
- Can be successfully assembled in an evening.
- Can be programmed in BASIC. (and other languages)
- Can play games and run programs.
- Most importantly: Can be understood.
- Pocket Mini Computer Kit (As of August 1st, Pocket Mini Computer can be obtained from Propellerpowered.com)
- A PS2 Keyboard
- A Wii Controller (Classic or ClassicPro)
- A microSD card
- A VGA Monitor
- A set of computer speakers
We created this as an Open Source "Ready to Build" kit, but have also updated this Instructable with complete schematics for anyone who wanted to create they own version of the Pocket Mini Computer! Read on!
Step 1: The Pocket Mini Computer Details
I'm the designer of the Pocket Mini Computer. I wanted to create a product which would give those in the younger generation a chance to see what computing was like in the early days before the PC. I also wanted to re-create the experience as closely to the original Commodore and Atari computers so that us "old timers" could enjoy a trip back to yesteryear when we were young.
The Pocket Mini Computer has been a labor of love from board design to preparing the BASIC programming language.
You'll be able to do more than enjoy a simple "HELLO WORLD" program. The BASIC is full featured and powerful!