The only real problem with building a costume each year, is the fact that one must outdo oneself. Last year's Chucky vs. Toy Story costume won me a respectable third place in the epic costume category. You'll see pictures of me using the third prize cordless dremel in this year's build. I knew that thing would come in handy.
So here I am.... Halloween is over and I'm still obsessed with the Holiday. And yes, it is a holiday... better than Christmas in my humble opinion.
Before you start, I should post a few bulletins for your benefit.
- My ultimate goal is originality. I try to make a costume that no one has ever done before. No Ironman suits for this guy. Sure people have done Bowser before, but not with a castle, and not with automated toys. Muahahahahahah....
- I'm hoping to move up the ranks this year. Yes, this is my blatant plea for your vote and consideration. My prizes are for my students and they will surely benefit from a laser cutter. Wink wink.
- Please use my instructable for inspiration. You probably don't want an exact replica, and you can probably build it better than I did anyway. I know there are a lot of things I would do differently, if I were mad enough to try this one again.
- Please understand that I am a high school teacher and I am lucky to have access to a number of great tools and machines. This can sometimes be frustrating for the average instructabler, but I assure you, there are ways around everything. I 3d printed horns, but could have easily made them exactly one hundred different ways.
- I took a carp load of pictures.... yes I said carp. I'm sure you'd rather follow my detailed pics than read chapters of my boring scrawl. I've done my best to annotate pictures where you might be wondering what the heck I'm trying to show. Please ask if there is something you're not sure about.
- I've decided not to start with the typical list of materials step. It would be long and overwhelming to start with. Please decipher materials from each of my steps and ask any questions if unsure. I think I've covered everything.
Here's a video of the finished costume for those of you that can't wait to see what it's all about.