PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DEVIATE FROM THE GUIDELINES WHEN BUILDING THE ROCKET. THIS COULD CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY AS A RESULT OF FIRE.
During the assembly:
• Be sure to take all precautions necessary while using craft knives and glues (super glue, hot glue and other adhesives). These may include gloves and eye protection.
• Be sure to complete all operations in a brightly lit area with adequate ventilation.
• Although most glues are identified as non-hazardous according to OSHA standards, fumes and the glue itself can cause eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation. If irritation occurs, flush the affected area with clean water or move to an area of fresh air.
• For more information, refer to the MSDS sheet of your particular glue/adhesive.
• Use safety goggles during all times of operation. Debris and hot gasses may cause irritation to the eyes.
• Always check the nosecone and fins for damage/cracks before each launch. Any asymmetry can cause the rocket to deviate drastically from its intended path which can result in injury.
• Make sure to use the rocket only outside and not in a confined area or poorly ventilated area. Fumes from the fuel can be hazardous to your health. If shortness of breath occurs, move to an area with fresh air. If the irritation persists, call necessary medical personnel.
• Keep all flammable materials away from the exhaust end of the rocket. High temperature flames will be ejected and this can start a fire.
• DO NOT ATTEMPT TO AIM THE ROCKET OR ROCKET EXHAUST AT ANYONE OR ANYTHING, HUMAN OR ANIMAL. This can result is serious injury from impact and burns.
• In case of fire a water spray, type A, B or C fire extinguisher can be used on the rocket itself. BE SURE TO KEEP THE APPROPRIATE EXTINGUISHER ON HAND FOR ANY OTHER FLAMMABLE MATERIALS NEARBY. In case of a major fire, do not attempt to extinguish the fire yourself. Evacuate the area and call 911.
Step 1: Materials
• Engine Mount Tube
• Engine Hook
• Mylar Ring
• Green Engine Block
• Perforated Engine Bulkhead sheet
• Perforated Balsa fin Sheet
• Elastic Shock Cord
• Nose Cone
• Launch Lug
• Body Tube
• Fin Placement Guide-This is found in the Estes manual and needs to be cut out with scissors
• Shock Cord Mount- This is found in the Estes manual and needs to be cut out with scissors