Here's a video I made of my Windmill it didn't work 100% at that time, because I just had one hand but now it works properly)
Step 1: Some Machines You Might Need
Step 2: The Bottom
2. I made an Octagon with an 0,5*0,5 in stick. length: 3 in with an 45° at the end. Glue/Nail them at the base plate
3 Add 8 10 in long vertical sticks which are cut at an 10° at the end. Glue/Nail them to the Octagon.
4. Cut an circle out of a thin piece of wood. the radius should be 3,5 in, but you better control that at your model. leave a small platform at one end of it. Glue/ Nail them on the top of your construction.
Step 3: Top Part
1. Cut out of a thicker block an about 3*2*6 in block
2. Use the wooden thing I made to cut at 10° to make a hole at about 5 in from the bottom part hole shoul be 3/8 in.
3. Make the same block again.
4. Glue/Nail the first Block at the front of your platform.
5. Use a 3/8 Rod and stick it through your first hole.
6. Put the other block on the other side of the circle and mark the point, where the rod hits the block.
7. Drill a hole at 10° about 1/2 in deep.
Step 4: Mechanics
If you want my measures and how I did it just weite me a message or a comment :)
1. Make a small square about 1*1 in
2. drill 5 holes to the half of it in it . 3/8 in
cut 4 0,75*0,75*8 in are the wing, cut holes at the end too.
3. Make 4 small rod parts to stick both parts together
4. Drill 8 1/8 in holes in each wing and stick 3 in long rods in those
5. cover all with thin wood. I havent finished the last 2 steps, i have to go to the hardeware shop and buy the missing parts:)
7. have fun
(Update: Now I have finished all and i will also update a video of it soon)