The d-touch drum machine software can be freely downloaded from http://www.d-touch.org/audio/
Here is a video briefly showing the finished product and a very quick overview of the making process:
Step 1: Get the ingredients
- a computer running Windows, OS X or Linux
- a webcam
- a printer (ink-jet for best results)
- A4 paper
- 5 or more A4 sheets of thin printable cardboard (e.g 180 g/mm2)
- 4 pieces of size A4 or bigger of corrugated cardboard 3-4 mm tick; this can be obtained from used cardboard boxes
- paper & cardboard cutting tools (scissors or knife)
- paper & cardboard glue
- adhesive tape or masking tape
- the d-touch drum machine software downloadable for free from http://www.d-touch.org/audio/
- a network connection (this is for our research, see above)
- lentils or other small beads
Step 2: Download & print blocks
Print it on thin cardboard. For best results use an inkjet printer.
Step 3: Cut & fold the blocks
Fold each block along the solid lines.
Step 5: Fill with lentils
This step also augments the blocks sound making potential.
Step 6: Print the camera stand files and glue to corrugated cardboard
Glue each of the pages to a piece of corrugated cardboard about 3mm tick.
Step 7: Cut the stand parts
Assemble the camera stand as shown in the photos.
Step 8: Setup camera on stand
Attach the webcam to the stand using an elastic band.