All of this can be done with a simple outdoor electrical box from a hardware store. These are great because they have lots of thick yet soft plastic thats easy to work with and they come in many sizes. In this example I use a 8"x8"x4" box.
You can do all of this with a standard dremel tool but a few other tools will make it easier... so here is a basic tool list.
- Dremel or other rotary tool
- Spray adhesive (3m super 77 recommended, other glue could be used)
- Blue Painters tape (3m recommended)
- Metal or plastic stand-offs for mounting circuit boards
- Any electronic components for your project
- Any wires, sockets, or connectors needed for your project
- Drill Press (highly recommended)
- Printer (to print template)
- Gorilla Glue (good for some connectors that need to be glued)
All of this stuff should already be in your garage, if not you can find it all at the hardware store.
I'm building a box to hold a fermentation controller for beer. Here is a video of the finished working box.
OK so lets get started.