Brass terminals are hard to buy. But it is easy to build it by your own
Here is a small step by step tutorial.

Step 1: What You Need...

1   brass screw 3 mm / 30 mm
1   telephone jack or another piece of plastic that fits around one knurled head screw
1   brass washer 3mm
2   ring connectors
2   knurled head screws 3 mm

some wires
great work around! I make a lot of steampunk stuff (most of it functional) and I had been using grounding posts (found in the "electrical" aisle in if I remember right was a Home Depot - but I have seen them at Lowes) anyways, I had been using those - and they are somewhat expensive and usually mostly copper or aluminum - but I like your idea and this method would be great for contacts that are more visible and for ones that are more temporary - also thanks I had not really thought of using shoe laces to cover the wires - I have been using cloth tape (used in bandages and in sports) but that doesn't look that good...
Not sure where you folks are geographically speaking but, around here (North Central US), I find that model train shops are good sources for small strangely shaped bits of brass stc. "live steam" quarter-scale modeling has many fittings that can be turned to other uses.
Actually they seem to be pretty easy to find - just 8 bucks a piece at:<br><br>http://www.brassbindingposts.com/<br><br>He has the knurled thumb-wheels as well.
&gt;Brass terminals are hard to buy<br><br>Alas, &quot;knurled head screws&quot; (sic) are no easier to buy...
You can find the knurled screw heads easily at an Ace Hardware, presuming you are in the US.
Unfortunately no, I am in Australia, knurled nuts are too &quot;obscure&quot; for our lame hardware stores (although we are getting an offshoot of Lowes, but whether that will improve things I sincerely doubt).<br><br>Just in case, if you see this reply, can you tell me in what section they are located (in Ace Hardware)? If they are in the &quot;nuts and bolts&quot; section we definitely don't have them here - BTW what would they be generally used for in the US?<br><br>Thanks for the feedback guys.
Yeah, you'd probably find them in the nuts and bolts section. Generally, they're just decorative pieces used to hold pieces on, whether it's a metal panel or something else. I think they get used in lamps and other such things, as well.<br><br>You might consider looking at some computer hardware store, though. Knurled nuts are used sometimes to hold the side panels on for easy disassembly.
Thanks for that, yes a second check has confirmed that brass knurled nuts are not stocked by any ordinary hardware store here, I have located some specialist (fixings) outlets but they are super expensive and require you to buy in bulk.<br><br>Yes the computer shops stock the knurled screws (but not nuts) but they are all zinc plated steel.<br><br>It seems that the US is about the only place left in the world where you can purchase brass fixings (at reasonable prices anyway), perhaps that is because there is still stock available from before copper prices went through the roof. <br><br>Thanks again.
See here:<br><br>http://www.carrlane.com/Catalog/index.cfm<br><br>See under HANDLES / KNOBS / SCREW CLAMPS<br><br>In Germany:<br><br>http://www.kock-sack.de/<br>http://www.reyher.de/<br><br>With kind Regards,<br><br>JoE

About This Instructable




Bio: I am a home constructor, an inventor and a dreamer. If you ask me who guided me and who inspired me then this people comes ... More »
More by Horatius.Steam:The Steampunk Media Player The amazing tube internet radio The MINOX NAS a bit of DIESELPUNK 
Add instructable to: