You'll need the following items for this project:
* Propeller Multicore Startup Special
- This is the core of our retro-style microcomputer. Because it is a modern 32bit processor, we won't have to worry about frustration of working with dozens of obsolete (and very static sensitive!) microchips.
* RCA UltimateTV Keyoard
: Part# WKB10WN1 - Other WebTV keyboards are likely as compatible, but this was the unit that was tested with this project and are commonly available on both Ebay and Amazon.
* A 38kHz Infrared (IR) Receiver Module - You can obtain this from either Radio Shack
. I'd recommend this kit
, as it will provide you a snazzy remote we can use later for basic game control.
* 3.3k resistor - From Radio Shack
(or your toolbox: ORANGE, ORANGE, RED)
* A 7.5v DC (center positive) wall adapter with 2.1mm barrel connector - In a pinch any adapter ranging from 6v-9v DC will work fine.
* A microSD card w/adapter - You'll want to be able to put files on this card using your PC.
* A soldering iron or soldering station
* A roll of solder
* A pair of wire cutters
* Safety glasses