Introduction: #BuiltOnBolt #Technology #Fireman at Work
This project is built using Bolt and ThingSpeak. Once the concentration of smoke around smoke sensor is more than usual, one tweet will be tweeted calling for help.
Step 1: Things You'll Need.
Requirements: BOLT Platform Unit (WiFi Enabled), Smoke Detector, A mobile for WiFi hotspot with Internet Data, Some Wires
Modules of this setup is broken down into the following:
1. Connecting the BOLT unit to your Mobile WiFi Hotspot using a memory card in which the WiFi Username and its Password is stored.
2. Finding your BOLT Unit's IP Address using any IP scanner application.
3. Connecting the Smoke Detector to your BOLT Unit.
4. Programming the BOLT Unit using HTML.
5. Using ThingTweet to send an Email on trigger.
Step 2: Connecting the BOLT Unit to Your Mobile WiFi Hotspot
* There are many ways to do this. The following method is how we approached.
1. Connect your Bolt's Micro SD card to your computer. In the setting file, set the ssid to your mobile hotspot name and also set the password field to your hotspots password.
2. Re insert the micro sd card in the bolt unit.
3. Switch on your mobile hotspot enabling mobile data. Wait for the bolt unit to connect to your hotspot. It is indicated by a constant blue led.
Step 3: Finding Your BOLT Unit's IP Address Using Any IP Scanner Application
1. Download any IPscanner application. We used Advanced IP Scanner.
2. First press the IP button on the top.
3. Now press the scan button.
4. In the search results, look for the ip address of your bolt unit.
5. You may copy it somewhere for future use.
6. Enter your bolt unit's
ip address on your web browser.
7. If everything is in working order, the default index page should show.
Step 4: Connecting the Smoke Detector to Your BOLT Unit.
1) Connect the ground pin of the MQ-2 sensor to the ground of bolt unit.
2) Connect the Vcc pin of MQ-2 sensor to 5v pin on bolt unit.
3)Connect the output pin of MQ-2 sensor to the pin where the input is desired.Keep in mind that the pin must be capable of taking analog input E.g. pin A0.
4) You may write a simple code to make sure your sensor is working properly. At normal conditions, the sensor should read value around 30 ppm.
Step 5: Using React and ThingTweet to Send a Tweet on Twitter. Go to ThingSpeak Site and Click on Channels.
1. Click on the My Channel after selecting Channel in the menu bar and add new channel.
2. Add all the details in new Channel. Refer the image for details.
3. Click on the React after clicking Apps in menu bar.
4. Add a new react. Follow the pic for details.
5. Click on the ThingTweet and link your Twitter Account.
Step 6: Update on Twitter
1. Set a threshold value of data received in "React" above which a default tweet will be tweeted on the linked Twitter account using ThingTweet.
2. Refer to the image for the content reference.
Step 7: Youtube Link
Follow this youtube link for complete project. https://youtu.be/Yox9YC_uaK0
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.