Introduction: Bumble Bee Cupcake Toppers
Want to make some bees to decorate your cakes or cupcakes!?
You will need:
- Yellow sugarpaste
- Black sugarpaste
- White sugarpaste
- Small circle cutter or piping tip
- Small rolling pin
- Sharpe knife or scalpel
- Edible glue
Step 1: Make the Body
- Roll your yellow sugarpaste into little jelly bean/pear shapes.
- Roll out your black sugarpaste and cut it into thin strips. You want to make them thin enough to stick 2 per bee but leave an even space in between them and leaving a bit of extra room for the 'head end'.
- Then take small pieces of black sugarpaste and rollout little tear drops for the stingers.
- Now glue everything like shown.
Step 2: Make the Wings
- Take your white sugarpaste, roll it out very thin, and use your small circle cutter or the back of your piping tip to cut small circles.
- Pinch one side and let them dry.
Step 3: Finish
- Stick on the wings with a little glue.
- And finish off by rolling little black balls for the eyes (or you could paint them on with black gel colour).
And you're done!
Cute little bees to add to your next cake!