I had to keep it simple, so if I can do this anyone can do it. I thought he was very cute. It would be a great garnish for a bento salad, potato salad, dinner plate, or a deviled egg entree.' This bunny can be made with most things a person will already have on hand in the kitchen.
Step 1: Supplies
It is better to have extra eggs because they are fragile and you can't use all of them.
- 2 Boiled and peeled eggs Please note: ( I used 2 eggs because I did not have any cauliflower for the tail)
- Cauliflower bud with stem for tail or use a boiled yoke from 2ND egg
- 1 Straight carrot
- Parsley bunch
- Several pepper corns or raisins
- Salad optional
Step 2: Tools
- Paring knife
- Potato peeler
- Tooth picks or skewers to poke eyes and mouth optional you can use a knife
- Plate or cutting board
Step 3: Carving Bottom
- Using the knife cut the bottom part of the egg so it will lay flat.
- Then cut the smaller egg in half lengthwise to make the ears.
- Flip the egg over so it lays flat.
Step 4: Carving Ears
- Place 2 tooth picks about where you want the ears and use the mark as a guide to cut the slot to place the ears.
- Remove the toothpicks.
- Carefully carve a slit across evenly where your marks are as shown.
- Cut again to make a small valley to place the ears.
- Place one ear at a time and position where it looks the best.
Step 5: Carving Eyes
- Peel the carrot.
- With a knife point, tooth pick, or skewer mark the eyes.
- With the point of the knife or tooth pick carve the eyes a very small eye hole.
- Place 2 pepper corns into the eyeball.
- Carefully carve the mouth.
- Carve a small carrot piece and stick into the mouth.
Step 6: Tail
- I would use the cauliflower for my first choice for the tail. It really makes a nicer appearance.
- Poke a small hole where the tail should be.
- Stick a small piece of cauliflower with a stem into the hole.
- If using the egg yoke make a thin slice across the back end of the mouse.
- Cut the yoke in half and place it carefully against the bottom of the bunny as shown. It is very fragile so be careful.
Step 7: Carving the Flowers
- Using the knife make 5 slices the length of the carrot or as long as how many flowers you want. (Each flower about 1/8 - 1/4 inch)
- Go back and make the slice wider with the knife to form a small tunnel.
- Cut small round slices for the flower head.
- Carefully make a small hole in the center of the flower with a tooth pick.
- Place 1 pepper corn in the center of each flower.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for stopping in and do: