This is a great effect that can be used to look a bit like decaying flesh. It makes a great base for a zombie costume.
The shine will not be very apparent, my camera flash makes everything look shiny.
* Liquid Latex
* Red, black, brown, and (optional) light orange/yellow paint
* Popsicle stick (to spread the latex with)
* Tissue paper
* Fake blood (from a home made recipe or costume shop)
Scar gels and waxes can be on the expensive side, so I like to use as many easy to find materials as possible. I personally think paints produce a better looking effect than store bought sets.
Step 1: Creating a Base
WARNING: Before doing this project, drop a small amount of liquid latex on your skin and wait 5 minutes to test for allergies.
1. Rub a bit vaseline around the area of skin you'll be working on. This will prevent hair ripping out when you remove the latex.
2. Pour a thin layer of liquid latex on your chosen area and blend it in with the popsicle stick. Wait a minute or two until it is dry, and add another layer.
3. Before the second layer dries, strip the tissue paper into thin sheets and layer them on the latex. Feel free to add small amounts of latex to different or drier areas.
5. Make sure the paper looks a bit blended in with the latex. Wait for everything to dry.
6. Gently tear excess paper away from the skin. Remove any paper that is not well attached to the latex.