The attached archive is the contest entry as it was on my server, minus the images. The text is taken from the included document.
This PIC/EEPROM programmer is so simple and small it fits on a business card with enough room left for assembly instructions...
Simple JDM2 style PIC ICSP programmer (on a business card).
- all through hole
- less than 2USD worth of parts (in 1s and 2s!)
- easy single sided construction at home (with 3 jumpers)
- enough room left for assembly instructions
- extra space on the back for even more business-cardy goodness
- also programs/reads serial EEPROMS
About an hour.
Step 1: Description
The PCB can be made single sided (with three jumper wires), but a two layer design makes assembly even easier. All the traces are nice and fat for easy toner-transfer or photo-process at home.
The JDM2 design is quite old, the original JDM2 circuit can be found here:
This design stays true to the old schematic, but the diode numbering now starts at 1, rather than 2.