Butter Ball Cookies / Snowball Cookies
These cookies are taste so great and it just melt in your mouth like butter. Here I have used ground walnuts, you can replace it with your favourite choice of nuts like Almonds, pecans etc.. but make sure to grind it finely for better taste and texture.
My little one call it as 'SNOW BALL COOKIES'.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Baking time : 10 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen / 48 cookies balls
Step 1: Ingredients
1 cup unsalted Butter, Softened
1 cup ground walnut
2 1/4 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Icing sugar + 1 cup icing sugar for dredging
Step 2: Dry Mixture
Combine flour, ground walnuts and salt in a medium bowl
Step 3: Wet Mixture
1. Cream butter in mixing bowl
2. Add icing sugar and Vanilla essence in it. Mix all well using electric hand mixer until fluffy
Step 4: Combine Dry and Wet Mixture
1. Add half of the dry mixture into wet mixture, beat it in speed 2 until all together.
2. Add rest of the dry mixture and mix well to attain dough consistency.
Step 5: Bake It Up and Roll Them in Icing Sugar
Preheat oven to 400
1. Take small portion from dough, shape it into 1 inch ball. Place the dough in baking tray lined with cookie sheet.
2. Repeat the same process for rest of the dough. ( Cookie will not spread while baking, so you can keep more cookies in a single tray)
3. Once you shape all the dough, bake it for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
4. Take out from the oven and let it warm for sometime. (Do not let it completely cooled down)
5. When the cookies still warm, remove it to plate, sift icing sugar on it. Roll them in icing sugar and then move it to wire rack to cool.
Step 6: Enjoy!
You are done!! Drizzle some chocolate sauce on this buttery cookie and Enjoy...