Butterflies !!! Simple and easy to make. It just takes 5 mins. These can be made during tea time or lunch break or when you just want to take your eyes off your laptop for few mins. They can be made with materials that are found around your desk.
Marker or Sketch pens
Step 1: Sketch Out
Step 2: Measurement
The length of butterfly wings can go bigger. My butterflies length varies between 6 to 8cms.
The width of the butterfly is taken as 3cms.
I have used 2 sizes of butterflies. I have not followed any measurement for the smaller ones. I did a free hand drawing.
Step 3: Mark N Cut
Cut it to shape.
Step 4: Small Butterfly
Step 5: Color and Clip
Clip them together using Gem Clip. They need not be stuck, Gem clip holds them together preety well. Moreover, Since the butterflies are made using thin sheet of papers, gemclips makes them more firm.
Step 6: Other Butterflies
1. Halloween Butterfly made from a used envelop and a black marker.
2. Newspaper. You will find it in your office reception.
3. This is made from a fruit drink can. Though its not considered as an office supply, you can easily find them in your office cafeteria.
4. A4 sheet.
5. An old report.
7. I am making one with an old plastic folder. They are longlasting.
Step 7: Purpose
Here are some of the ways in which I used these butterflies.
1. BookMark: Cut a 1cm(Width) strip(Length as required) of a cardboard or a file and attach it to the butterfly by simply inserting it into the gem clip or stapling it.
2. Pushpin: Insert the butterfly into a pushpin as use it in your notice board.
3. Keychain: Insert a key ring into the gemclip and use it as a key chain.
4. Magnet: Attach a magnet behind the butterfly and use it on your refridgerator.
5. Bag Accessory: Insert it into the paper bag as an accessory.