I found a mobile similar to the one I was making that I could have ordered, but I liked mine much better. But it did give me an idea for how to improve upon my mobile while I worked on it. Here's the link to it:
Once finished, I enjoyed the project so much, as well as others I've shown, that I decided to share how to make this. Some of the pictures are from the mobile I made for my daughter, and some are from the one I made for a friend's slightly older daughter.
To start off with, we're going to need supplies.
- Paper (I used book pages from an old ruined book I had on hand)
- Hot Glue Gun + Hot Glue Sticks
- Needle or Pin
- Beads (or something else to weight down the string. I dissected a cheap broken bracelet I had on hand, as well as some earrings I made a while back and had sitting around.)
- Sticks (I gathered mine from outside off the ground. You can use something else if you want.)
- Hemp Twine (or something similar if you desire)
- Food coloring + Spray bottle (or use alternative methods of coloring the paper)
- Key chain ring
This took me about 9 hours total to complete. It should take you about the same.