There is a bit of planning before you get started, so read all the instructions before you start going crazy with your buttons putting them just anywhere.
Step 1: Supplies
- A wooden chair - preferably one with square legs vs round legs
- Gorilla Super Glue
- Denatured alcohol - for cleaning the chair
- Rag - for wiping down the chair with the denatured alcohol
- Buttons, lots of buttons. You want buttons without shanks (shanks are the either metal or plastic thing on the back that allows you to sew on a button without the thread showing)
- pliers - these are for removing shanks on buttons with shanks
Step 2: A little planning goes a long way
There were some spaces in the seat of my chair so I first stuck some buttons that had shanks into those spaces to save me the trouble of trying to get rid of the shanks.