(This may or may not be what actually happened)
These button garlands are dead simple and absolutely adorable. I think they'd be perfect for weddings, holidays, parties or even just to hang around the house.
And they're cheap! You can buy buttons in bulk at the sites mentioned above, or get the ugly ones on clearance at craft stores. And the embroidery floss to make up the rest of the garland normally goes for 20-40 cents a skein, which is cheap cheap!
Step 1: What you'll need:
- embroidery floss, color of choice
- embroidery or other large needle
- motor skills
Step 2: Preppin'
Knot the end of the floss twice and thread the other end through your needle!
Step 3: How to put the buttons on
- guide your needle through both holes and slide the button to the place you want it on the floss
- bring the needle back through to the front of the button opposite of where it just came out
- pass the needle through the other hole to the back and hold the button in place as you pull the floss through
Continue this process, spacing the buttons evenly (or unevenly or whatever you like) until you come to the end of the floss.
Step 4: How to deal with small buttonholes
Pull the ends of the floss towards the bottom edge of the button. This leaves more room in the holes so that you can pass through the remaining two times!