Introduction: Buttons for Evozip Interchangeable Bags.
I have allready shown how to create Evozip bags and skins. This tutorial teaches you how to create the buttons that attach the bags to the skins. The buttons serve to hide the grommets on your skin and allow you to add further customization to your bag. Like the bags and skins, the buttons are designed to use off the shelf components and few tools.
Here is a link on how to make the skins. All you need is a t-shirt, grommets an iron and some fuseable interfacing.
Here is how to make the bags. Remember, all you need is a rock, some grommets and some jean buttons.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Thin elastic cord. Availible at Joans Fabrics.
- Scissors to cut the elastic cord
- Shank buttons. The outside diameter of the shank should be less than 1/4".
- A sharpie pen for measurement.
The shank of the button should be just smaller than 1/4" Too big and it will get stuck in the grommet. Too small and the elastic may not slip through or it may slide around in the grommet.
The elastic should be just small enough to fit through the shank of the button.
You can choose any button style that you like from traditional brass sleeve buttons to ladybugs. This is an area where you can have fun. Use old buttons from previous projects or improvise. As long as it has a hole for the elastic cord, you can use it.
Step 2: Cut and And Tie the Elastic.
- Cut the elastic cord slightly smaller than a sharpie pen.
- After you have cut the elastic, slip it though the shank of the button.
- Tie a simple overhand knot in the ends of the elastic.
- When the knot is finished, it should fit snugly around the Sharpie pen.
Step 3: Attach Bag to Skin
- Slip the tail of your buttons through the grommet on the Skin.
- Slip the tail of the button through the grommet of the bag flap
- Turn the bag flap over.
- Slip the loop of the button over the jean button.
To take off the buttons, just pull on the loop.
Step 4: Complete
Your Evozip skin is now attached to your bag. To change skins, just pull the tails of the elastic.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.