Introduction: CARAMEL APPLE BOMBS
I had a "blast" this year putting together a few delicious Father's Day treats. I love making caramel apples because: A. they are delicious, B. they are quick & easy, and C. their simple shape can be easily decorated for a variety of occasions. I wanted all the Fathers in my life to know just how awesome they are so I transformed this classic treat into a BOMB & paired it with a cute note. Like....
YOU DA BOMB
YOU BLOW ME AWAY
YOU'RE A BLAST TO BE AROUND
I'M BURSTING WITH LOVE FOR YOU
SUPPLIES TO BUILD A BOMB:
caramels (or ingredients for your favorite caramel recipe)
orange or red permanent marker
extra dark chocolate
wax paper or silicone mat
1. Prepare your apples by washing them & removing the stems.
2. Create you bomb "fuses" by cutting 4" pieces of rope. Color & fray one of the ends to resemble fire.
3. Run a skewer through the center of the braided rope. (CAREFULLY!!! don't skewer your hand & watch for splinters) Be sure to leave room at the end of the skewer for your apple too. TIP: you can remove the center piece of the rope, creating a hollow tube.
4. Skewer each apple. Then cut off the excess bamboo at the top of the "fuse" using scissors.
5. Melt or make your caramels for dipping
6. Dip each apple in the caramel & allow excess to drip off the bottom. Then place it on the silicon mat or wax paper to cool for an hour
7. Melt your chocolate using a double boiler or a fondue pot.
8. Dip each caramel apple into the chocolate & use a butter knife to cover the top close to the rope.
9. Allow your chocolate to cool & harden completely.
10. Package up each bomb with a note or card. Then plant them were your unsuspecting victims will get what they deserve!
Enjoy the treat, the smiles, & the laughter! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!