Introduction: CAVAPS : 8 Channels Regulator/program/recorder
Composites Advanced VAcuum Pump System
At the begining, I was looking for a vacuum pump regulator to bypass the controlled leak solution and to reduce pump running time.
But "who can do big can do small" or more what we can need ;-)
So with this regulator, in fact, we can, in the same time :
- regulate vacuum pump
- regulate heater
- make steps program
- record measurement
And this on 8 independant channels measurement inputs.
More other, channels can be synchronised...
Arduino Mega Shield
Based on an Arduino Mega2560 board, a specific shield allow to directly connect the inputs probes, the output power, and includes a RTC/SD card.
Channel input type and capability
8 individual inputs as :
- K Type thermocouple (using MAX6675)
- DS18B20 temperature sensor
- 4 embended MPXV4115V pressure sensor
- any analog sensor ranging 0-5V
Channel output and regulation mode
8 output available as on/off (for relay or triac) or as PWM.
Regulator as hysteresis or PID, in normal or reversed.
Steps programm, channels synchronisation
Each channel can run as :
- continuous on (no regulation)
- continuous target (regulation on a fixed value)
- perform a maximum off 20 steps with defined time and target value and with be possibility to calculate automatically target ramps
The 8 inputs can be recorded at a fixed interval time on a micro SD card
All channel run in a "multi threading" mode, means that display or setup a channel will not stop other functions.
Double face board that allow :
- to connect 8 inputs
- to include 4 MPXV4115V sensor
- to include a RTD/SD CARD board
- to connect 8 outputs
Step 2: The Board Ready to Drive a Vacuum Pump
Board ready to run with :
- a relay output
- a 4x20 lcd display
- a rotary coder to setup and use the system
- a RTC & SD Card
- a MPXV4115V sensor
- a 12VDC power
Step 3: Direct Application : Vacuum Pump Regulator With Electrovalves and 2 Accumulators Bottles
Using 2 bottles (truck brake), a confortable vacuum system to make composits ...
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.