Introduction: CD-ROM Cover Coasters
For the computer whiz in your life, these coasters made with upcycled CD-ROM covers will add some tech to your table!
Step 1: Materials
All you need to make these are:
- assorted CD-ROMS
- 4 ceramic tiles
- stick-on felt circles
- Mod Podge
- large foam brush or paint brush
Step 2: Prep Images
First, you want to prep your images.
You can do this one of 2 ways:
1) Cut the image cover from the booklet
2) You can take them to your computer to scan and edit so they're slightly smaller than your ceramic tiles. Then, print them out when ready. This step is always great for those who actually can't bear to cut up a user guide if someone wants a CD-ROM and needs instructions on how to install the program.
Step 3: Make Tiles
Now, cut out the images you want to use, brush on a layer of Mod Podge, and stick the images to the front of your tiles. Let dry a bit, then add another layer of Mod Podge to seal.
Step 4: Finish Off
To finish off, simply add a felt circle to each corner of the tiles, and they're ready to use or give as a gift!
Step 5: Done!
From the hard drive to the table, these coasters are ready to use at your next gathering or give as a gift for the ultimate computer whiz in your life. Here's a fun idea: if they have CD-ROMs at home, tell them to pick out their top 4 favorites and use the images for this craft.
Here's what I used for my coasters:
- Living Books Presents Just Grandma and Me
- Sesame Street Art Workshop
- Arthur's Thinking Games
- Jumpstart Music
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.