-the pictures are here
-the stylus can be good for pen spinning also
-IT STILL WORKS WHEN YOU HOLD THE RUBBER GRIP
-made an extend able stylus (perfect for presenting to small groups)
-pen rubber grip added with hot glue to hold it well
-looks slightly better
-remove teflon tape as it has smudge also
-aluminum tip which does not scratch the ipad
-pictures coming up tomorrow
going back to school? you can use an ipad and save your back just put in ebooks
so..you got an ipad/ipod/iphone and want a stylus?
but the problem is...
1) the commercial ones are well...$$$$$$$$$$...you get the idea...
2) some diy ones are well...??!!??#! not so "nice" tin foil sticking out all over....and it does not look that stylish..does not go with the "apple feel" *note not all diy are ugly*
3) why stylus? just use your finger!! well..its the smudge problem and finger print all over problem..so use a stylus when possible...
so here is my solution...
1) metal rod (i use broken antenna)
2) some tin/aluminum foil
3) tapes (i use 2 types, masking tape and electrical tape) <-need at least 1
4) a little glue
5) plumbing sealing tape (the withe one i think its called teflon tape) <-optional
6) pen rubber grip <--optional
please rate and comment
and vote if you like it for the "gorilla glue contest" and "back to school contest"
Step 1: The idea of how it works
so you need to hold a piece of metal
the problem is you need the "head" which contact the ipad to be identified as a "blob" go touch a piece of glass and see
so the blob needs to be big enough and flat enough and conduct
we also need to prevent the screen from getting scratched
the good news is that it can "conduct" through thin layers of other stuff like screen protectors and teflon tape
the pictures below shows the stylus half done but usable