The material is 3mm clear acrylic but you could use any 3mm material, such as MDF or aluminum.
As the project is too large to fit in the small laser cutter I have access to I cut it out on CNC router, which worked well but requires a little cleaning up of the edges.
Step 1: Stuff you will need
- 2.8mm mill end
- 3mm acrylic or MDF
- acrylic or wood glue
- small brush or cotton bud to apply the acrylic glue.
- A program to generate a G code for your machine. I use Vcarve.
- CNC router or laser cutter large enough to cut 600 x1200
- This first DXF is for a laser cutter
- the second DXF is for a CNC mill or router