Step 1: 1. Hazelnut Coffee With Old Fashioned Oats, Pecans and Fresh Cherries
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup milk (1% used in this recipe)
1/4 cup toasted pecans *
1/4 cup chopped fresh cherries
1 single serve packet of Hazelnut flavored instant coffee
1. Add the milk and instant coffee to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat.
2. Add the Oatmeal, and stir occasionally, cooking over medium heat until the oatmeal has reached your preferred consistency, about three minutes for firmer oats, five minutes for softer oats.
3. Pour out into your serving bowl
4.Top with the toasted pecans and chopped cherries, add a bit of fresh milk and enjoy!
* I used coffee spiced pecans from the following Instructable in this recipe: https://www.instructables.com/id/Kick-In-The-Nuts-Coffee-Spiced-Pecans/
Step 2: Instant Vanilla Coffee Oatmeal Topped With Raisins, Pecans, and Cinnamon
Ingredients: (single serving recipe)
1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
1 cup Milk (1% used in this recipe)
1 single serve Vanilla Instant Coffee packet
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped pecans (or substitute your favorite chopped nuts, trail mix, etc)
dash of cinnamon
1. To a microwave safe mug or bowl add milk and instant coffee packet. Stir
2. Add oatmeal. You can also add the raisins now if you want them to be nice, soft and plump when they absorb the milk while cooking.
3. Microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes
4. Top with a dash of cinnamon, raisins and nuts
Now dig in and enjoy your delicious instant breakfast and the terrific energy boost that coffee and complex carbohydrates create!