Introduction: Multi-Use Sore Throat Remedy
NOTE: This is a "home remedy"... Use at your own discretion and risk.
IF YOUR SORE THROAT SYMPTOMS GET WORSE, SEE A DOCTOR! (I never once will EVER suggest that you don't). Our bodies can't always fight off all infections (obviously), so if you need antibiotics then GET THEM.
I am a supporter of BOTH natural and medicinal treatments (and, yes, I vaccinated ALL of my kids, lol). I believe in taking antibiotics for serious infections like strep. With that said, I am providing this instructable as a natural way for anyone who is interested in it.
This remedy also is beneficial for ANY bacterial or viral infection that can manifest itself in the throat/mouth. BONUS! :)
NOTE: Each ingredient in this concoction has MANY more healing effects then just this one (and I've listed a lot of those out in the last few steps of this instructable). So be sure to stick around to see those!
Step 1: The Miracle Concoction...
*3 cloves fresh garlic or 3 teaspoons minced garlic
*1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
*Raw or pure honey to taste
*Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Peel and crush your fresh garlic cloves (either with a mortar and pestle or a hand held garlic mincer) and put them in a small bowl or simply put your pre-minced, jarred garlic in a small bowl.
2. Mix in a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper. (Don't worry about it being too spicy, the honey really dulls it down!)
3. Mix in your honey to taste.
Simply eat 1/2 teaspoon of this concoction every 30 minutes. Make more of this recipe as needed.
NOTE: A large amount of garlic can potentially upset your stomach when eaten this regularly (especially if you're not used to eating it), so make sure it's only1/2 teaspoon (no less then 1/4 teaspoon). You can reduce the frequency of how often you take it in a day, but make sure it's at least with every meal and snack. If you have an aggressive level of infection, the reduction of consumption could result in it only working partially, so just take that into consideration.
My kids (ages 5-10 at the time) took this, too, and at the same amounts as listed here. This just goes to show that the flavor is definitely NOT too intense and it's safe for all ages!
ADDING THE BIG GUNS:
In addition to eating this concoction every 30 minutes--if you really want to kick this infection to the curb in a hurry--gargle apple cider vinegar 3 times per day, too.
Step 2: Benefits of Garlic
Along with strep-throat-relieving benefits, all of the ingredients in this home remedy have MANY more incredible health benefits to offer (so you're healing A LOT more then just your strep with this concoction)!
Some additional benefits of garlic are:
1. Garlic is highly nutritious (but low in calories)
2. It helps reduce the chances of getting a cold by 63% and it reduces the length of a pre-existing cold from 5 days to just 1.5 days
3. It can reduce blood pressure which can in-turn reduce the chance of heart attack or stroke (in high supplemental doses)
4. It improves cholesterol levels thus lowering your chance of heart disease
5. It contains antioxidants that help prevent Alzheimer's disease and Dementia
6. It can help with your physical performance
7. The sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity
8. It may improve bone health
9. It may help improve your iron metabolism and absorption
10. It may regulate the number of fat cells your body develops (helping you maintain or get down to a healthy weight)
11. It helps protect against oxidative stress and negative inflammation (For info on what oxidative stress is, see: http://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Oxidati...)
12. It has many antibacterial and antiviral benefits
13. It even has cancer prevention benefits!
Step 3: Benefits of Honey
Like garlic, honey has a plethora of health and medicinal benefits, too! Such as...
1. It helps prevent cancer
2. Helps prevent heart disease
3. Reduces ulcers
4. Helps heal gastrointestinal disorders
5. Has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
6. Helps to increase physical and athletic performance
7. It reduces cough and throat irritation
8. Helps improve eyesight
9. Aids in weight loss
10. Helps with sexual dysfunctions
11. Helps heal urinary tract infections/disorders
12. Helps improve bronchial asthma
13. Aids in calming down diarrhea and nausea
14. Has a special quality of penetrating to your deepest tissue levels in your body
15. When used with herbal preparations, it helps to enhance the medicinal qualities of those preparations
16. Helps to regulate your blood sugar
17. Aids in healing wounds and burns
18. Has probiotic properties
19. Helps nourish and moisturize your skin
20. Aids in relieving allergies
21. Naturally provides a boost in energy
22. Boosts your memory
23. Helps you sleep better
24. Treats dandruff
And so much more...
NOTE: Be mindful, though, to consume regular but appropriate amounts of honey. Too much of it could have adverse effects over time.
Step 4: Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
Additional benefits of cayenne pepper include:
1. Cayenne has the ability to ease upset stomach
2. It helps treat ulcers
3. It aids in healing sore throats and spasmodic/irritating coughs (also ones caused by scarlet fever)
4. It helps treat diarrhea
5. It breaks up and removes mucus
6. It helps to prevent and cure migraine headaches
7. It helps relieve allergies
8. It helps to boost your metabolism
9. It is a digestive aid
10. It helps relieve intestinal gases
11. It helps with chronic and degenerative conditions
12. It's useful for helping relieve blood clots
13. It helps your circulatory system get moving
14. It aids in detoxing your body
15. It's a joint-pain reliever (aka reliever of arthritic pain)
16. It has antibacterial properties
17. It has anti-cancer properties (such as lung cancer and liver tumor prevention)
18. It supports healthy weight loss
19. Promotes heart health
20. It's a great fighter against tooth and gum diseases
21. When used topically, cayenne has been used to treat snake bites, rheumatism, sores, wounds and lumbago
22. "Putting cayenne pepper powder directly into a bleeding wound can stop it from bleeding and will help the wound to heal without a scar or with a minimal scar formation"
23. It helps lower cholesterol
24. It helps prevent frostbite in extremely cold weather when put into your socks and shoes
25. It reduces fevers
Step 5: Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Last but not least, here are some benefits of apple cider vinegar:
1. It freshens your mouth
2. Treats acid reflux
3. Aids in treating diarrhea (caused by bacterial infection) and intestinal spasms
4. Helps prevent indigestion
5. Helps stop the hiccups
6. Helps with any kind of hair type
7. Helps to stop itchiness from insect bites
8. It aids in healing blemishes, psoriasis, eczema, etc
9. Treats diabetes and helps lower blood sugar levels
10. Lowers cholesterol
11. Lowers high blood pressure
12. Aids in healthy weight loss
13. It regulates the pH balance of your skin and internally
14. It helps fade age spots and scars
15. It helps ward off warts
16. It can remove stains from your teeth
17. It aids in soothing sunburned skin
18. It's a natural aftershave and massage treatment
19. It cleanses your lymph nodes
20. Helps remove candida from your body
And so much more!
**I hope this information has been helpful to you. Try this natural home remedy the next time your throat is aching!**
Grand Prize in the
Home Remedies Challenge 2016
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.