1/4 yd of pink
3/4 yd of orange
2 yards print (approximately 2)
Step 1: The skirt
2. Sew down the length of the skirt (on the non-hip measurement side).
Step 2: Waist Band
4. For each rectangle, sew the ends together so you create 2 loops. Also, sew the ends of the elastic together
5. Pin together the skirt to on of the waistband pieces, right sides together. Ruffle in the excess skirt material as you go. Then on the inside of the skirt, pin the other waistband so the right-side faces the backside of the skirt fabric.
6. Sew together using either a lightning bolt stitch or zigzag. This will allow the seam to stretch when you wear it. Set aside
Step 3: The Top
8. Sew together along 1 edge. Turn right side out.
Step 4: Wrap, pin, and finish
10. Then I took it off, ruffled in the excess top fabric and trimmed the excess.
11. Take the elastic piece and pin on the inside of the waistband.
12. Now sew the top to the waistband (keeping the elastic inside the 2 waistband pieces).
13. Cut 2 strips 3” wide. Sew together creating a tube. Turn right-side out and press.
14. Put the dress back on, pin the straps in place. Then I hand sewed them on.
15. Hem and done!