I started to sketch out various closet ideas to hold their dolls, dresses, shoes, etc. My original plan was to build this completely from scratch, but one day while out at Target I stumbled across a 2 door organizer which was roughly the size of one of my sketches. This provided a great starting point which brought the cost of each closet (I needed to make three) down quite a bit. With another $10 worth of supplies, I was able to adequately spoil my girls.
Step 1: Supplies
- 2 door organizer (available at Target.com)
- 5/8" x 9.75" x ~22" melamine shelving (I found this at Menards)
- 3/8" dowel rod x 12", painted white
- small shoulder hooks. I got these at Ace. You want something dainty with the thread length short enough to not go too far through the door.
- small mirror, I use a 8"x10" oval scalloped mirror that I found at Hobby Lobby
- mirror adhesive mounting pads (I found them at Menards)
- two wood screws (#8 x 1")
- Radial arm saw
- Router with 1/4" straight bit
- Drill Press (regular hand drill will work)
- 3/16" bit (brad point and regular)
- 3/8" brad point bit