This is one to make in less than 10 min.
Step 1: Materials
a box of your favorite pastry or bakery
a piece of metal or something with a similar weight to a portion of cake
a sheet of paper
two sharpie markers
Step 2: Make your card
Make the card as you wish is yours, the card I made is to use as reference.
Step 3: Assemble the joke
1. The weight placed inside box to simulate a portion of cake is in.
2. Place the card inside the box.
3. Close the box and place it in the fridge
4. Waits for someone to get excited because there are cake.
5. Enjoys the face of disappointment that no cake and silly little moment when the note will change the face for a smile (if they know the reference).