Step 5: BBS Etiquette and expectations
Here's some things you can expect while using a BBS system.
- A time limit: Some BBS's are limited to 1-5 users at a time.
- A signup process. The System Operator (Sysop) will know who you are.
- A message center. These are public messages, not unlike web based forums.
- Electronic Mail. Just like Email between BBS users, (just before email)
- Sysop Chat. The System Operator can open a chat window to talk directly to you.
- Feedback. Leave the Sysop an encouraging note and thank them.
- Online Games. If you've never played LORD or Tradewars, then you missed out!!