As a female photographer, I always wished I could combine my purse and my camera bag so I didn't feel like such a clunky fool wandering around with two bags. I did some research, and found that real designer camera purses are a hefty chunk of change, so I figured I could make my own for around 20 bucks! Super cheap, super easy, super fashionable.
Step 1: Materials!
Here's a list of what you'll need:
- Purse (I got mine from a thrift store for $2. Make sure it's large enough for your camera and extra lenses and such. Also, extra pockets on the outside are super handy for purse things, since you won't be using the pockets inside.)
- Fabric 1 yd (I chose a flannel print, since it's softer)
- Soft foam 1/2" thick approximately 24.5"x18" (Depends on the size of your purse.)
- Velcro (either sew on, or ready to stick. I used sew on.)
- Measuring tape
- Optional: Quilt batting for extra cushion
If you have a sewing machine, by all means use it! If you're going to hand sew, like I did, you're going to need:
- Thread that matches your fabric
- Optional: Thimble.