Step 1: Materials!
- Purse (I got mine from a thrift store for $2. Make sure it's large enough for your camera and extra lenses and such. Also, extra pockets on the outside are super handy for purse things, since you won't be using the pockets inside.)
- Fabric 1 yd (I chose a flannel print, since it's softer)
- Soft foam 1/2" thick approximately 24.5"x18" (Depends on the size of your purse.)
- Velcro (either sew on, or ready to stick. I used sew on.)
- Measuring tape
- Optional: Quilt batting for extra cushion
If you have a sewing machine, by all means use it! If you're going to hand sew, like I did, you're going to need:
- Thread that matches your fabric
- Optional: Thimble.
Step 2: Step 1: Measuring and cutting foam
Using a marker, trace out these measurements on your foam, and cut.
You should end up with five pieces for your general shape: one for the bottom of your purse, 2 for the large panels of your purse, and 2 for the smaller panels.
You will also cut out removable pieces that will later be velcro-ed into your bag. These should be measured by the height and width of your purse.
Note: Take into consideration the thickness of your foam. Do not measure your purse to the T, since the foam will fit a little too snugly. Give yourself a bit of leeway.