This is where a Camera Bean Bag comes in handy. And instead of buying one, I thought I would make one myself.
You can make this for almost nothing, you can use stuff laying around in the house. Or if you don't have the items, you can buy them for real cheap!
Step 1: Materials & Tools
- Piece of fabric (I used 2 sheets about 20cm x 30cm each)
- Beans (I actually cheated and used green peas)
If you have a sewing machine, please use that. It's allot easier and faster then using a hand and needle.
I think it's called a bean bag because they used to stuff it with beans. Nowadays they fill it with all kinds of materials.
I used dried green peas. Since they are round it's easier to get a good form for your camera.
Most of this stuff you probably already got laying around the house.
Except for dried green peas I hope... because that stuff is just disgusting.
Note: Some countries don't allot you bringing in seeds. So if you're going to travel with this bean bag, you rather don't fill the bag with beans or peas, but use polystyrene beads.
Step 2: Sewing the bag
That's allot easier and faster.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric in the same size. I made 2 sheets of 20cm x 30cm.
- Start sewing in a corner and work your way around the bag.
- When you're almost around, stop sewing and leave a hole (see picture 3).
Note: I have no sewing experience at all. So in the pictures it probably doesn't look like good work, but you get the idea :)