Introduction: Campfire Stew - Outdoor Cooking
This simple campfire stew is the best and simplest feed-a-crowd recipe. Imagine meaty stew cooked slowly over fire. It can’t get any better than this. How to make campfire stew.
Read more on my blog - Simple Campfire Stew
Step 1: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 2: Ingredients:
- 4.5 lbs Beef Round Steak (2kg)
- 1.1 lbs Boston Butt or Pork Shoulder (0.5kg)
- 3 lbs Potatoes (1.4kg)
- 1.5 lbs Onion (700g)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Lard (230g)
- 4 tbsp Caraway Seeds (20g)
- 3 tbsp Salt
- 2½ tbsp Sweet Paprika (12g)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Dried Marjoram
- Dried of Fresh Chili Pepper , optional
- 1 can Beer , of your Choice (lager)
- 10+ cups Water (2.5 litres+/0.6 gallon+)
Step 3: Directions:
1. In a cauldron (or a large pot) melt the lard. Add diced onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Now add the meats that have been diced into bite size pieces. Let them brown while stirring occasionally.
2. Add sweet paprika, mix & let it cook for about a minute before adding water (about 4 cups/1litre), ½ of diced potatoes, caraway seeds, salt and 1 can of beer.
3. Cover with lid and let it cook (check occasionally, if it is cooking – simmering is better than boiling). From time to time check if there is enough water. If not, add more. Continue simmering.
4. About 1½ hour into cooking add the rest of the potatoes and more water (if needed). Bring to a boil and cook until the meat is soft.
5. 5-10 minutes before the end add minced garlic, tomato paste, marjoram and dried whole chili (optional). Taste it and season more if required.
6. Serve warm with a few slices of bread or over rice.
Step 4: Follow, Comment and Suggest
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTRUCTABLES, OVER 200 RECIPES AND TUTORIALS!LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!