This sugary monstrosity is probably my silliest (and most ill-advisable) Instructable yet. But i thought making 'chocolate chips' was a funny idea : )
Step 1: What You'll Need
Peanut butter chips
Green gummy candy
Red and Yellow food coloring
Step 2: Chip Molds
Mix silicone putty according to directions and press in chips.
Allow to sit the prescribed amount of time and remove chips. You now have reusable tortilla chip molds which you could also use to make Jell-O chips, cookie chips, or any other mold-able substance chip : )
Step 3: Chocolate (and Peanut Butter) Chips
Time to use your new molds!
- Melt chips (chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, etc.)
- Spoon into mold
- Tap on counter several times to remove air bubbles
- Put in fridge to set
- When solid, remove from mold
Step 4: Toppings
I picked up a few types of candy to simulate some common nacho ingredients, but I'm sure there are some others that could be added.
- Cut up yellow and red Twizzlers for tomatoes and peppers
- Dice Hersey bar for ground beef
- Slice green gummies for lettuce
- Cut out center of opaque green gummies for jalapeno rings
Step 5: Cheese and Sour Cream
Marshmallow Fluff* will serve as both the cheese and sour cream. make sure to reserve a scoop of white fluff for the top. Then add a few spoons to a bowl with red and yellow food coloring to attain that lovely unnatural orange glow of nacho cheese.
* Fun Fact: Marshmallow Fluff was invented in Somerville Masachusetts by a guy named Archibald Query in 1917.
Step 6: Assemble Using Lots of Air Quotes
Putting it together:
- Set down a layer of 'chips'
- Add some 'cheese'
- Sprinkle on the 'ground beef'
- Follow with 'tomatoes' and 'peppers'
- Top with 'sour cream' and 'jalapenos'