This instructable is long overdue, I know...
Step 1: Materials
- Lots of candy wrappers taken off with meticulous care (or any flat thing)
- Clear packing tape
- Colored duct tape (your choice)
- Scissors or craft knife
(hooray for bootlegged pictures!)
Step 2: Create the sheets
I included measurements if you want the bag to be the same size as mine, but here's what they have to be:
-'face' of final purse= L x W, Depth= D
-The sheet for the body = 2L x W
-Bottom sheet: W x D
-Sides (final trapezoid shape): D for the long base, L for the slants, top varies.
1. make a sheet of colored duct tape 20"x12" -- Don't double side it, leave one side sticky
2. Arrange wrappers/ other material on the sticky side. You may need to cut up some to fill in the sheet so no sticky shows.
3. Press down on it to smooth it out, cover gaps, etc.
4. Cover wrapper side with clear tape
5. Cover raw edge of shorter sides by laying a 12" strip of colored tape halfway on the edge, then fold it over.
6. Flatten it under some textbooks, your mattress, or something of the sort. Meanwhile...
1. Make 2 sheets of colored duct tape 8"x4" -- Double sided so there's no sticky.
2. Trim edges, so they're trapezoids that are about 2" on top and 4" on the bottom.
1. Make a colored duct tape sheet 4"x12" -- Double sided
Remove your body sheet from wherever you out it, and cut nicely in half HAMBURGER. So you get two 10"x12" rectangles.
(I wrote you this whole thing, excuse the lack of pictures...)