My original intention was to use a leftover piece of aluminum stock from my bench vise work protector
project as the attachment point for the poo lifting tines. This is what I call Plan A. I tried using epoxy to accomplish this. It didn't work.
Plan B was to use epoxy in a warmer environment. I thought the cold was screwing with the ability of the epoxy to set-up. I was wrong because Plan B didn't work either.
Plan C was to use special metal bonding epoxy. It was special in that it didn't bond worth shit.
Plan D is where I ended up. This entailed ditching the aluminum stock and using a plastic frame filled with epoxy similar to how I made my gutter rake
. This worked and will be the version detailed here. Because of these ups and downs I didn't do this project as efficiently as I would have liked. Specifically I would have gotten all the parts built and then epoxied everything together. This is how I'm going to present the project and hopefully it will flow well. However, I think there will be some minor discrepancies between the photos and descriptions because of this. If you would like clarification on a point please feel free to ask.
Plan E would be to try using the aluminum stock again with JB Weld. I didn't think of this until I was half-way done with Plan D.