1 can cannellini beans
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
2 teaspoons orange blossom water
zest of one orange
1/2 lb butter
1 1/2 powdered sugar
1 teaspoon anise extract
1-3 teaspoons Sambuca
Step 1: Mix
- Drain and rinse beans in a strainer.
- Beat butter and eggs until creamy.
- Process beans and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add orange zest, orange blossom water, orange extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Blend.
- Stir butter mixture and bean mixture together.
- Fill cupcake liners 80% full.
Step 2: Bake
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Cupcakes will rise slightly and become firm in the center.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack.
Step 3: Licorice Icing
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Add anise extract and Sambuca, beat until blended.
- Add food coloring if desired.