Introduction: Cannellini Cupcakes With Licorice Icing (Gluten Free)
These slightly boozy cupcakes are made with beans instead of flour, but you won't be able to tell. These are more moist and dense that traditional cupcakes. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
1 can cannellini beans
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
2 teaspoons orange blossom water
zest of one orange
1/2 lb butter
1 1/2 powdered sugar
1 teaspoon anise extract
1-3 teaspoons Sambuca
Step 1: Mix
- Drain and rinse beans in a strainer.
- Beat butter and eggs until creamy.
- Process beans and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add orange zest, orange blossom water, orange extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Blend.
- Stir butter mixture and bean mixture together.
- Fill cupcake liners 80% full.
Step 2: Bake
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Cupcakes will rise slightly and become firm in the center.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack.
Step 3: Licorice Icing
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Add anise extract and Sambuca, beat until blended.
- Add food coloring if desired.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.