This incident greatly deflated my spirits, and set me out on a quest to create a replacement chair that wouldn't pop. And by-golly, I have done so! Now I can take apart all kinds of found electronics on my garage floor without having to worry about my chair deflating.
It can also be used for camping (obviously) and the beach.
Step 1: Go get stuff.
- 24" x 100" worth of canvas (or equivalent - so long as one piece is at least 38" long)
- 6 yards of 1" wide nylon strapping
- 2 strap adjusters for 1" nylon strapping
- 6 pieces of 1" thick foam measuring 20" x 18" (or larger sheet for trimming to size)
- 4 poles that are 16" long x 3/8" diameter (any strong material with little give will do)
- black thread
- A sewing machine
- A yard stick or tape measure
- Sewing pins
- Something to melt the ends of nylon strapping (optional)